Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 10:57:54 -0500
From: "Larry Williard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Lib 100ct in Car

Andy:
    I have used my 100ct in the car for about 1 year. I use Delorme Street Atlas and a
Garmen GPSII. There is a newsgroup for GPS on the Internet and there I found a guy
that has made connectors for it, for which I ordered for $5.00. I then removed the
batteries and hooked the power up to a cig lighter cable. For the Lib, I cut the power
cable about 6 inches from the powersupply end and soldered a female 1/8 phone
connector on the powersupply end and a male 1/8" phone connector on the Lib end. I
then added a small 6" piece of cable to the cig lighter connector where I soldered a
1/8" male connector as on on the power supply. I always leave the cable plugged into
the Lib and when I'm home I just plug the other end into the Power supply and when on
the road I plug the cable into the cig lighter cable end. I can send a pict. if you
need one. I run both straight off the car battery. As for holding it. I just bought a
roll of Velcro with sticky tape on the back side and put a strip on the dash and the
operate piece on the bottom of the lib and another piece on the GPS. It has held it
just fine.

Larry