Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 21:23:31 -0400
From: "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=B7TechnoDragon=B7?=" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: LCD screen - replacement required

>Hi all,
>I'm looking for a replacement of my LCD screen on my Libretto 50 CT (Tosh #
>P 000 236 950). Can someone confirm that the screen is identical to the ones
>used on the 60 & 70 CT models?
>Does anyone know if that Sharp LCD element was used on any other appliance
>or PC? Sharp # LQ61D133
>Does anyone have or know of a L 50/60/70 somewhere with a fried motherboard
>or other damage but an unbroken screen? Backlight can be fried too! I can
>replace just the LCD element.

     Yup, the lcd in my l70 is a sharp lq61d133. I know from having to replace
it. With near certainty, the screen in a l60 is the same. Probably the same
with a l23 and 30's, but I have no idea.
     (the maintainer of the adorable libretto pages should have the lcd part
numbers listed in the specs of them, for times when us libretto owners break
our screens and have to replace them.)
     I am looking for a screen with a cracked display, but good electronics.
So if anyone on this list has one for sale, I'm most definately interested, as
long as it's a sharp lq61d133.

     BTW, I'm looking for a german keyboard. Are there any english spaking
owners of a libretto 70 who have a german keyboard and want an engligh (usa
layout) keyboard? I was thinking of just a flat out swap, we each cover
shipping charges.
     Does anyone know if a USA libretto can take a german keyboard without the
bios flipping out? Or would a re-flashing be required?

Thanks,

|       the ·TechnoDragon·       |
|      [EMAIL PROTECTED]      |
| http://www.blarg.net/~tdragon/ |