Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 21:24:54 +0100
From: "Alexandre Kaoukhov" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: Win2k on Lib 110?

> Hi!
> - Power management for Win2k installed. The Control Panel has now an
> extension (whrere processor speed and brightness of the display is
> adjustable) but changes on this panel make no effect, these parameters
> always remain on the defaults.

You are probably running localised Win2k. No problems in native English
version. Power extention also rely on ACPI toshiba value added logical
device but as long as I remember but not sure in this case you will not see
extention panel at all.

>So is there an need for a
> second "hibernation-partition" which is used for other operating-systems?
> And how can I remove this partition, if it is not needed?

Control Panel-> Administrative Tools-> Computer Management-> Disk
Management.
But I would warn you to do that. BIOS will force hibernation into that area
if it runs out of battery while on stanby. Lib 100 does not hibernate on
overheat it just shutdown. NTFS puts backup of boot sector to the last
sector of partition. If original boot sector is damaged and backup
overwritten you loose all your data.

> - I have not yet found the Win2k-utilities to make BIOS-adjustments.

I verified Toshiba page with that utility is no longer there. I will post it
later if no one can do this before.

> - What is the Toshiba mobile extensions software?

no idea.

> - I have planned to install a IBM 20GB HD - will it work in Win2k (because
> the BIOS-limit is still 8GB!)

the only problem is to localize hibernation zone.
Hope this helps,
Alexandre