Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 18:37:22 +0100
From: "Alexandre Kaoukhov" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: New Sony mininotebook

Although benchmark issues are important I want to remind some practical
issues.
While CPU speed may be important for some of us. In my opinion for an
average subnotebook user the most important question is whether the thing is
capable of software DVD decoding. This would prevent from buying costly MPEG
decompression card. Yet it remains to be seen if C1VN is capable to do that.
In my original post I wanted to call your attention mostly to the following:
Pros and Cons  - 05 Oct 2000
Umit - Umit

Here it is, the pro's and con's of the VN vs XS:

PRO's:
- Less Battery Power
- More on board memory (128, 192max)
- Better Video, more memory (8 megs)
- Windows ME

CON's:
- Cursoe 600 peforms like Intel 400
- Downgraded Camera
- No IR port
- Possible no Windows 2000/Linux support
- No floppy drive/CDROM

In my opinion even letting aside CPU issues some "CON's" may be sufficient
fir many of us to favor older model. Moreover, the price gap will probably
allow you to by more RAM and bigger HD.