Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 09:18:29 +0100
From: "Baronner, Allard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Libretto 50ct not booting anymore

PLEASE HELP! I use this tiny machine so often, the second it went down I
missed it! My libretto is not booting anymore.

After pushing the powerbutton, the powerLED turns and  the harddisk spins
up, but that's all. No screen. No beep-signals. No further drive activity. I
checked the hard drive in another machine, not a problem. I also removed the
additional RAM, but that wasn't the problem either.

The strange thing is, when I spank (yeah, I know, but I get frustrated) the
Libretto, it sometimes boot into Windows and it's working. But when there's
some pressure on the left side (where the harddisk is placed), the machine
turns black and the problem starts from the beginning (e.g. no screen,
etc.).

It looks like a loose contact, but there's nothing I can see. Has anyone a
solution?

Please help me!

Allard Baronner
The Netherlands