Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 11:42:35 +0100
From: Christian Gennerat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Linux distribution

steve leeming a écrit :

> Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 10:20:40 -0000
> From: "steve leeming" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: Libretto Digest #1248
>
> Help.
>
> Hi, I am having problems putting linux on my tosh 70ct.
>
> I have seen lots of advice about using a pcmcia cd-rom but i cant seem to
> get it to work. Have tried the following but with no luck.
>
> Redhat 5.01 - copied disc to hd but keeps asking for supp disk.
> Mandrake 7.0 - copied to hd but keeps asking for ramdisk then crashes.
> Caldera 2.3 - copied to hd but says that tosh not supported.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to get linux into my tosh.

First take a recent distribution. RedHat level is 7.0, Mandrake 7.2
My preference is Mandrake the easiest for Libretto
PCMCIA Install is fine with Freecom CD, or SCSI CD with Adaptec 1460

RedHat method cannot be used (without any change) on Libretto:
After the boot floppy, RedHat asks for the drivers floppy.
But connot read it, because RedHat has not loaded the floppy driver !

Caldera; I have not tested

Corel; no install method for libretto