Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 21:10:20 -0500
From: "bcotton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: 100CT & MS Autoroute

> Sometimes we would go to 10 different houses for sale
> each day.  Can you imagine what a mess that would be
> driving with paper maps?  With the GPS, we drove
> straight to each stop without a hassle.  To locate the
> address, you just type in the street number and name,
> and zip code, and the house is drawn on your map.
> Set it as your destination, and the computer will draw
> a route to it from your start.
Another uses I discovered last week on a trip to Florida and back from
Philadelphia. While driving and making a decision on where to stop for the
night. With my Garmin eMap loaded with east coast cities, I would use the
find cities command. Then I use the goto command. The display returned the
current speed,  miles and time of arrival, TOA at current speed. It was
great to see the count down. As I got close the road sign gave the distance
also.

// Bill Cotton: Latitude N40° 02.867', W75° 09.105'
// [EMAIL PROTECTED]   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
// [EMAIL PROTECTED]     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
// www.billcotton.com
// http://ourworld.Compuserve.com/homepages/bcotton/homepage.htm
// http://membersdelphi.con/billcotton
// www.homestead.com/billcotton/