Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 15:25:36 -0800 (PST)
From: David Nedved <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: Infra Red on LIbretto 50CT using windows 98 se

Rupert,

under systems/devices I have the following ports:

  com1
  lpt1
  virtual I/R com port
  virtual I/R lpt port

under network settings I have a device called "Infrared PnP Serial Port
(*PNP0510)" and the only protocol I have bound to it is "Fast Infrared
Protocol"

In the BIOS I have
  Serial = com1 (3f8h / irq4)
  IR = com2 (2f8h / irq3)
  Parallel = lpt1 (378h / irq7)

With that said let me say something that may screw up everything -- I'm
not 100% positive that I have 98SE... I'm fairly sure I reloaded off
that CD, but not positive.  It may just be normal 98.  Sorry if I've
led you astray, I'll check that too if you tell me how to.

Good luck,

David