Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 08:51:11 -0500
From: "Lawrence Young" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: BIOS Upgrade 100CT?

----- Original Message -----
From: "George Waller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Libretto" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2001 5:24 AM
Subject: BIOS Upgrade 100CT?

> Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 10:21:05 -0000
> From: "George Waller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: BIOS Upgrade 100CT?
>
> I bought my 100CT about 3yrs ago and wondered if there would be an
advantage in getting a BIOS update... I notice on Tosh BBS that there are
following versions: 6.4,6.5 and ACPI BIOS 7.0,7.20,7.3 and 8.00 - my OS in
Win95. I do not understand what the difference between the above versions is
(ACPI??) and can someone advise how I install the update (e.g. I presume
this does not require reinstall of windows but how will it effect other
settings?)

If you want to install Win98, you need BIOS 7.0. If you want to install
Win2000, you must have BIOS 8.0. If you stay with your Win95, no need to
play with your BIOS.

Lawrence