Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 13:14:50 -0800 (PST)
From: David Nedved <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Overseas access and a great deal on a Portege laptop...

--- "Marc @ American Elevator" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Check out the 2 models in the new Fujitsu LX series.  Looks like the
> best Libretto replacements to date. Drawbacks are slightly larger
> footprint than the Libretto, Crusoe processor and weird screen sizes.
> The only other option in this size class is the Casio Fiva. There are
> some 'issues' with these machines too of course.  Fiva has an 800 x
> 600 format screen and the Japanese model has 96MB ram available.  Oh
> for a perfect world...

They are indeed nice, but the specs on dynamism don't mention IR for
either of them.  With it being the only port on my 70CT I've gotten
quite used to having it.  IR sync with Palm, IR connection to mobile
phone (still have to get it working), shooting files back and forth
with other enlightened users via IR, etc.  All with no cables.  Nice.

Can't see giving up IR on an "upgrade" machine, although these are VERY
nice.  As much as I like Linas Torvalds, I just can't get that excited
about Crusoe.  I'd be running Windows on the machine, so the 533 Crusoe
performs like what, a 300 or so Pentium when it's emulating IAPX?

Thanks for the quick response... I'll keep looking and hoping, and when
I eventulaly can't take it anymore I'll buy the best thing I've
found...

David

=====
[EMAIL PROTECTED]