Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 11:55:12 -0400
From: "Pres Waterman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Toshiba Libretto Floppy Drive

> I've just bought a SONY vaio which is (surprisingly) not supplied with a
> floppy drive.  I wondered if the tiny tosh floppy would work (I was
assuming
> that the PC autodetects the PC card as it would any other PC card device)
so I
> inserted into my vaio and lo and behold it detected.... a Y-D floppy
adapter.
>  Does anyone know if there's a third party driver to make this work?

You MAY be able to get it to read as a PCMCIA floppy device... but I almost
guarantee it will not function as a boot device because long before the O/S
is loaded, and the PCMCIA drivers happen, BIOS must talk to it directly.

Look in Toshiba's site for the Win98 floppy driver

Thanks

Pres Waterman W2PW
c/o Patchogue Motors, Inc.
Long Island Ford and Kia dealer