Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 11:15:30 -0000
From: "Paul Betts" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Libretto 100CT and PCMCIA problems (STILL!)

Hi Karen,

>Put your modem in a slot and hook it up to the phone line...
Yep got that one sorted ;-)

>In the Control Panel, open the System icon and go to Device Manager tab and
>see if there is a yellow exclamation point or red X showing on top of your
>modem driver... double click on the name of your modem to bring up the
>properties window... make sure the modem is NOT disabled on the General
>tab... if it is, unclick it and click OK and see what happens... if you get
>a message or something... and what the message if any says.

In the device manager the PCMCIA Slots are working fine (no messages) and
the installed PCMCIA modem also displays that it is functioning OK too (no
red or yellow icons). It is also NOT disabled.

>Also, close down the properties window for the modem and double click on
>the "Computer" at the top of the list in the Device Mgr window... check all
>your IRQ's to see which one your modem is using...  you can also check the
>I/O.. and the memory in that same window...

The PCMCIA drivers share IRQ 11 with a load of ACPI drivers.
The PCMCIA Modem (from memory) is by its self on IRQ 10

>There should be a Modem icon in the Control Panel... open that and see what
>is there for your Modem... click on the Diagnostics tab... see what Com
>port it has your modem on... if it is there, click on the Com port once to
>hilite it and click on the button below named "More >info..."

I have run the advanced info on the modem and it comes up as not responding.
(Will find the exact words later today).

I'm still intrigued to know what the PC Card Trouble Shooter memory
(mentioned in previous mails) problem was too.... this could be the route of
the problem, but have not idea how to fix it !!

I'm really annoyed at myself as it was working, but was advised by another
member of the list (who shall remain nameless eh Andy ;-) ) to remove them
and start again :-(

Thanks for your help so far

Paul.