Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 20:49 +0000
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Outlook 2000 invalid instruction - is this a Libretto quirk?

I have a problem...
Installed Outlook 2000 about month and half ago and it was problematical from the
start - notably illegal operations pointing to <invalid instruction in unknown module>
forcing the program to close. This ALWAYS occurred when I clicked on the <customise>
button under <tools> on main toolbar... I also had problems with synchronising
contacts via ActiveSync which may have been related to the overall state of poor
health of my installed copy of O2K... long story cut short - after
uninstaloling/reinstalling and applying the <detect and repair utility> several times
without curing the problem I reformatted hard-drive and reinstalled windows (Neil -
remember that desperate phone call I made to you whilst trying to reinstall Windows
95??!)... the idea was that this <unknown module> could have been a relic on my
hard-drive from some unknown program of the past.
After installing O2K again all worked fine... until few days ago when overnight the
old problem cam back. I have gone through the Assisted Support option at Microsoft in
desperation (at cost!) and even they are stumped so far. O2K still behaves the same
way in safe mode and with all pst and mapi files checked/renamed etc. I am beginning
to wonder whether the Libretto itself and its OS (yes I know it's Win95 but...) are
the root of my problems. If anyone has had similar experience please let me know.
Incidentally I initially thought my AV software and perhaps Word 97 were causing
problems. I even stripped out all office related program material using the <eraser>
utility from MS and reinstalled outlook -        still same problem.

GW