Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 13:33:17 -0400
From: David Nedved <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Strange issue with opl3sa2 driver under linux 2.4.4

Merci beaucoup Jérôme!  You are indeed correct, somehow you saw through my
rantings, and although I thought I had tested everything extensively and
scientifically, it does indeed work with 0x370...

Now I have an alias in /etc/modules.conf so that all I have to do is
modprobe opl3sa2 and everything works... if you don't mind I'd like to ask a
few questions about getting it a little more automated...

1.) any idea how to get it automatically inserted when I try to use the sound
    card?  (For ethernet cards I know you alias eth0 to the driver name,
    but aliasing dsp and sound to opl3sa2 don't seem to work)
2.) any ideas how to avoid the "opl3sa2: Control I/O port 0x370 is not free"
    messages since they are apparently bogus?
3.) any ideas what to do to make it work when compiled into the kernel?
    a line in lilo to pass parameters to the kernel?

Thanks again,

David