Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 19:17:48
From: "neil barnes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Powering on with lid closed

Make sure that 'Panel Power On/Off' in the bios is set to Disabled.
Then hit the hairy light bulb, select the normal operation mode (probably
external power, full power mode) and click details.Tab to 'System' tab, and
,ake sure that the 'switch to resume mode when display is closed' is
*unchecked*.

Should work quite happily with the display closed (it will still turn off
the lamp so the display will last longer).

You would expect both these to be the same thing, but they don't seem to be
:)

Neil