Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2001 05:09:34
From: "neil barnes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: What to do with my 70CT

>Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2001 00:48:38 +0000
>From: "Matthew Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Re: What to do with my 70CT
>
>>You may have to remove the heatsink, but the fuses are all on the top
>>AFAIK
>>- I think there are three or four.
>
>I saw one of these in the back right corner above the PC Card slot.  It was
>soldered on, and square as you describe.  I thought it was probably a fuse.

That rings a bell...look for the others - ISTR one near the battery
connection. I'm expecting a 70 mobo to drop onto my desk very shortly, so
I'll have a look then...

>>Trevor can tell you horror stories there though...
>
>Wonder if his posts are in the archies online.

No, they were between me and him - but involved a 'dead screen' 70 that
turned out to be complete toast.

>Thanks again for your input Neil!  When are you heading to CA?  Got your
>road-rage defense kit?  :-0

Arrive 8th September, and ready for the break. Road rage? I thought CA was
supposed to be all new age sweetness and light :)

Neil