Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 19:52:11 +0100
From: "Michael Heathcote" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Portege to accompany Libretto.

Dear Listers,
For those in the UK, PCWorld are selling off the top model Portege 3490CT
for less than 1200 pounds, a few weeks ago they where 2000 pounds !
I could not resist at that price and bought one this afternoon.
The nearest form factor to my 50CT, weight, if not footprint (B5).
However 700Hz PIII,128MB Ram(256max), 20GB, 8MB graphics.

My 50CT has been my only computer for over 3 years, the lack of USB and the
640 x 480 resolution just too limiting for my only everyday PC.

However I will not be packing away the Libretto just yet, it will now spend
more time in my car linked to my etrex GPS, playing MP3's, and used with my
Siemens SL45 mobile phone via IR for remote e-mail access on the road (while
stationary !).

Back to the Portege, as Toshiba UK are selling half price Portege batteries
as well as Libretto 100/110 batteries, I will be buying a few.
Are lithium ion batteries better used in cycle, or are they okay to be kept
in storage for the 'future' ?

Cheers,
Mike.

---