Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 14:36:58 +0100
From: "Michael Heathcote" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: HP95LX, Outlook and Rex

With regard to a submission by Martin, HPLX & Sidekick:

Before I purchased my Libretto 50CT, I used a HP95LX.
Apart from running the connectivity pack for my HP95LX on the Libretto, I
was unable to translate all my many years of contacts etc to an up-to-date
PIM, the file translation utility on the connectivity pack never fully
translating all fields. The nearest was into Sidekick but not 100% all the
text in the ‘address’ section, the translation had a limit on the number of
characters which I always exceeded.
A couple of years ago I extensively searched on the web for a utility to
translate from the HP95LX direct into Outlook.
I found a HP program that was bundled with the original HP Omnibook to
provide the HP100/200LX PIM facility and ‘calculator’ functions in a windows
environment. This also had the facility to translate my HP95LX files into
HP100/200LX format.
The ‘icing on the cake’ for me was a utility by Curtis Cameron called
‘Outlook HPLX File converter version 2.16’ that could convert and
synchronize either way direct between HP100/200LX and Outlook with no loss
of data in any field, fully mapable.
For me it was a one-way ticket, as it could not convert direct from HP95LX
to Outlook, unless I translated my files first into HP100/200LX format, but
that did not matter, for I was putting my HP95LX to bed after 7 years of
daily usage.
If it would help you I still have the above programs that I can e-mail you.
The HPPIM is 385kb, the HPLX file converter 1396kb.
I believe they are ‘freeware’.

With regard to Rex:

I purchased a REX6000 in Singapore 6 months ago, which has the touch screen.
Xircon, or should I say Intel, have from the beginning of this month stopped
support and manufacture.
Although the software from Xircon is for syncronization with Outlook, the
Rex community is extensive with many dedicated people making available
usefull addin programs and syncronization software for other PIMs such as
Lotus Notes & Organiser.
Check out www.rex6000.org

Cheers,
Mike.