Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 11:37:31 -0700 (PDT)
From: David Chien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Which cell phone?

If anyone else is looking for a cell phone to use as a modem for the Internet
on the Libretto on the go AND does't care which service provider is used, I'd
suggest taking a close look at the Motorola Timeport 8767 model.

Similar to the usual super-light & compact StarTacs/Timeport models, the 8767
model includes one significant GEEKy feature that I'm in love with - the
tri-color organic LED display with super-bright (100 cd brightness!) color
characters on a deep black background.  Up to 4 hours of talk time on the
included battery, and the screen is so Amazingly legible at any distance and
angle vs. the boring, usual black on gray LCD displays that if you're like me,
you'll start drooling.

Anyways, available at Sprint PCS stores for the usual $250-300 ish, box comes
with CD software for connection to the PC over the serial port, and with proper
serivce, lets you browse the internet from your Libretto on the go anywhere you
have cell coverage.

--

Of course, disadvantages?  Doesn't have numerous programmable melody/ringer
options, voice activated dialing, full screen email & web & terminal services,

=====
adorable toshiba libretto
The latest news and information for the Toshiba Libretto owner.
http://www.silverace.com/libretto/

http://phone.yahoo.com