Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 12:49:19 -0700
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?=B7TechnoDragon=B7?= <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Nuts and bolts of impoving LCD brightness

> >       I know that there's that film 3M has that enhances laptop screens. I
> > tried to get myself some of it, but the only store in the USA refused to
> > help me out in any shape or form. I wish I had a part number so I could
> > order a sample of it.
> >       It is, from what I understand, a thin plastic material with millions
> > of tiny magnifying lenses burnt into it with a laser. It makes the screen
> > brighter when viewed from straight ahead, even bright enough to use it in
> > full sunlight.
> >
> >       Anyone have any more detailed info on this material?
>
>http://www.manandmachine.com/
>
>does it and may also sell the stuff

      I'll have to check them out. Last time I tried to contact a company,
they refused to sell me any directly, chose what laptops they would and
wouldn't upgrade with it (I had a monochrome laptop with a dual scan screen
at the time and they said it wouldn't improve it so they wouldn't waste
their time trying). When I asked to speak to a supervisor, manager, owner,
he said that he owned the company and hung up the phone on me.
      I'll give them another try I guess.

            _____ _____ _____ __ __ __ __ _____ _______________
  / [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://broker.dhs.org/~tdragon/ /