Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 15:08:17 -0400
From: "Eiren K. Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIBRETTO] Re: List software

Can it do an autoreply (doubling as an unsubscribe autoresponse) to anyone
who is unsubscribed telling them something like, "We have received your
e-mail containing 'unsubscribe' in the subject line. You have been
unsubscribed from the Libretto list..."?

That way people wouldn't accidentally unsubscribe themselves and not be
notified (especially new users in the future that will never read this
thread). (Note: I haven't unsubscribed in a long time, so I don't remember
if there already is an autoresponse for this.)

And/or  you could put a line in the standard footer clearly indicating that
"unsubscribe" anywhere in the subject will result in an unsubscribe. You
would probably do that anyway (duh), but it would be cool to do both--the
unsubscribe autoresponse and the notice in the footer.

-e.