Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 09:44:25 +0000
From: "Matthew Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] L100 /70 Battery?

>Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 03:08:17 +0000 (GMT)
>From: =?iso-8859-1?q?Stephen=20Vaughan?= <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: L100 /70 Battery?
>
>Ive just purchased my first libby, well ive been
>drooling over them for years and finally they have
>come down to a price point I can afford (for an
>underspec lappy, but overspec handheld :). Anyway, I
>digress, The battery on my L100 is just about at the
>end of its life, now I know (thanks to this list) that
>the L70/50 battery will not physically fit, however I
>have seen some new sealed ones cheap and wonder if the
>cells are compatible with the L100? Has anyone ever
>done a cell replacement? Any pitfalls apart from
>setting myself and my house alight?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Steve

I saw talk on this topic a while back, but couldn't find it after a quick
search ofthe archives.  I did find one message from Tom Stangl who seems to
have taken the guts of a Lib 50/70 battery and transplanted it... though I'm
not sure if this is advisable.

The archive message from Tom is here:

http://www.technoir.nu/libretto/list/2001/msg02639.html

...you can follow the thread forward and backwards for other messages in the
thread.

Here are a few more links to message threads on the topic:

http://www.technoir.nu/libretto/list/2001/msg02649.html
http://www.technoir.nu/libretto/list/2002/msg00198.html
http://www.technoir.nu/libretto/list/2001/msg02487.html

But hey!  Here's an auction for a new battery for a Lib 100 110 on EBay at
$50 with no bids, due to close in 3 days:'

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1322315931

Matt