Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 20:31:23 -0000
From: "Chris Hogan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: [LIBRETTO] Libretto Digest #1563

> Date: 11 Jan 2002 10:02:00 +0800
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Nik Ahmad Fahmi)
> Subject: Re: [LIB] Libretto replacement-ish review
>
> > Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 11:40:13 -0800 (PST)
> > From: David Chien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Subject: Re: [LIB] Libretto replacement-ish review
>
> >   That's the LOOX in Japan, or the P-series for $1499 in the USA (but
USA
> > model has 800Mhz processor and built-in CD-R/DVD-ROM drive and more
> > goodies).
>
> I am having in front of me a Fujitsu Lifebook P-1030 subnotebook. From
> David's description of Loox, I think this is a different model. The specs
> are as described here : http://www.fujitsu-pc-asia.com/products/
> lb_p1030_main.html.
>
> It is slightly longer than the 110CT (8.9" wide TFT display) but lighter
> than the 110CT (880g). It definitely make a good replacement for my ageing
> 110CT but it's lacking an IrDA port which I need occassionally for use
> with my Nokia 7110.

this is indeed a different system to the one I have. Fujitsu Siemens web
site doesn't seem to have any pictures or product info on their site yet,
but this is the spec:
http://fsc-pc.de/KnowHow_DriverCD/E/Produkte/P2020/P2020Vergleich.htm

So far so good with this system, I miss the irda port as well, and also got
caught short when I needed to print something -- oops no parallel port ;-).
Reasonable in these USB days but means I have to go and buy converters.
Still hoping to get my old L100 back tho.

Chris