Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 21:07:42 -0800
From: Chester Prudhomme <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] The simple things!

Matthew Hanson wrote:

> >has USB anyway!

> > >Raymond...
> > >
> > >I can be really dense at points.  I don't get what you're saying here.
> >The L110 supports USB.  The L110 replicator supports USB, which I'd assume
> >is to offer more input sockets.  But what good is the replicator without
> >the L110?  Not suggesting anyone try cramming the L70 into the L110
> >replicator are you?
> >
> >Nah, you just asked if the L110 has cardbus (presumably because you need
> >cardbus to run a USB card) but my point was if you had an L110 it wouldn't
> >matter if it had cardbus or not from the perspective of USB because its
> >replicator already HAS USB and can probably be had for less on eBay than a
> >USB2 card.
> >
> >Of course, if you don't have an L110 then yes its a moot point.
> >
> >Clear things up? ;-)
>
> Oh man... I'm hitting serious sleep deprevation...   I thought we were
> addressing Chester's question about getting USB running on his L70.
>
> Matt

I don't sleep very much anyway and my question is getting addressed. It appears
that the L110 will support cardbus and I can have a replicator with USB as well
as 2 more PCMIA slots. I should be able to plug the Orange Micro 2.0 USB card
into the replicator and still have room for other PMCIA devices and USB aplenty
for a mouse, a keyboard and my external hard drive. So.....it looks like I am
in the market for an L110. I take it eBay is the place to look unless someone
here has one for sale? I took a look at the Fujitsu P series and the Sony
notebooks but I still like the Librettos. Heck, I figure in another year they
will have foldup LCD monitors to carry on the road as well. And there is room
in the L110 for more memory and and a bigger hard drive at some point. An
external CD-RW would be nice too.

Chester