Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 09:09:35
From: "neil barnes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] Hibernation area

>Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 09:41:09 +0800
>From: Raymond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Hibernation area
>
>OK I know this has been mentioned in the past but when it is mentioned its
>either in relation to the L110/100 or the libretto model isn't mentioned so
>I figured I'd better check.
>
>Can anyone confirm if the hibernation area for an L50 with a large hard
>drive is in the same 1010-1040 cylinders as the L110/100? (OK I've only got
>16 meg of RAM but I don't care about losing a few meg of hard drive space
>by allocating 32). I KNOW you can just zero things out and walk the disk
>but I don't have a disk zero'er and disk walker handy and I really dun
>wanna search through that scary pile of disks I've just shoved in the
>corner hoping I'll never use again if someone else has already done it and
>can confirm it ...
>

>- Raymond

Yes - though it doesn't need that much. You need ~34MB for the storage area,
and iirc it saves to the nearest (logical) cylinder boundary.
If 1024 logical cylinders = 8.4G, 1 cylinder ~= 8MB. So five cylinders
either side of 1023 implies 40MB free, cylinders 1018 - 1028 should be
sufficient, though I reserved a little more, on the grounds that one day I
might want this disk in a 100/110 - 1013 to 1033 iirc.

Neil