Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 15:34:05 -0500
From: "Clarence" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] Experiences trying to get Linux onto this

>Of course, now my next problem is I can't for the life of me get
this blasted PCMCIA card services thing working under Linux!!!
Anyone got any ideas or any pointers? (yes I know of pcmcia-
cs.sourceforge.net, I was wondering if someone knew where the
ready made RPM's were as I'm not too crash-hot compiling this
sorta stuff myself).

the pcmcia cardservices takes its config info from the kernel that
you are currently running. Even if you install the rpm, you still
have to compile the source.

./configure
make all
make install

at this point I rebooted to test if cardmgr started.

in the usr/src/linux/pcmcia*/debug directory there is a set of
utils. test_config and test_network., these help immensly.

after compiling, you get the cardctl utility, whick lets you poll
the identity and functionality of the cards you have installed.

-Clarence

Get your own evilemail.com address at http://www.evilemail.com