Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 04:25:14 +0000
From: "Matthew Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] CORRECTION: W98 & Suspend on L100CT - Help

>Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 22:03:36 EST
>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Well, it's not pretty.  Standby and hibernate both initiate and appear to
>function (Start>Shutdown>Standby, BTW, really is standby), but unhibernate
>and un-standby are not working properly.  The W98 desktop comes back, but
>it is completely locked up.  The mouse moves, but no other functions work.
>The 3-finger salute brings up the customary box, with the message
>Msgsrv32(Not Responding).  Ending that Task sometimes brings everything
>back to normal, sometimes only partial functionality is restored.  Like
>choosing Settings doesn't bring up the sub-menu.<

I've read where several people have had problems getting their Libs to
hibernate, and resume properly.  I guess I've been lucky so far.  I do know
that I will have problems resuming from hibernation if I take and PC Cards
out of the slot after going into hibernation, and then trying to wake up
without the PC card inserted where it had been.

>I am using IBM Disk Manager for drive overlay software.  I read a post at
>Xin Yeng's site which reported the same general problem I'm having.
>Switching to EZBIOS solved it.<
>
>Is anyone successfully running W98se on a L100CT with an IBM drive and Disk
>Manager?  Thanks for any suggestions.<

I've got EZBios installed on my L70 to deal with a 20GB HDD.  I've had (and
still have) my share of other Windows related problems....  Guess I've been
lucky as far as hibernation is concerned.

Matt