Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 08:13:11 -0600
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE:ACPI update

I installed only the win98 update, no 95 controls. The way to do it without
the CDROM is to run the update, kill it when it starts whining about the CD.
Then with windblows exploder, go to c:\ and there will be a directory
ACPI.UPD or something like that. There is a registry file there, run it.
After the import, run the shortcut that detects new HW.
Worked for me. Funny thing, after that and hibernation working properly, it
broke the damn Windows Media Player, cannot play MPEG2 files anymore,
complaints that cpuinfo32.dll cannot be loaded because some OS error. Tried
reinstalling WMP 7.0, 7.1, 6.4, DirectX, Internet Exploder 5.5 SP2, etc. I
hate Microsoft from the bottom of my heart.
I might try to upgrade to win2k until I finish installing RatHead (RH) Linux
on my Compaq. If that works, I might install it on the Libretto. The less
Micros~1, the better.