Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 18:25:17 -0800
From: Chester Prudhomme <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: LIB 110CT Value

Matthew Hanson wrote:

> Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 01:32:38 +0000
> From: "Matthew Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: [LIB] LIB 110CT Value
>
> >Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 16:40:14 -0800
> >From: Chester Prudhomme <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >
> >Raymond wrote:
> >
> > > Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 07:25:03 +0800
> > > From: Raymond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > > Subject: Re: [LIB] LIB 110CT Value

> > >PCMCIA SCSI CD-Rom, Docking adapter, Floppy drive and two Power >
> > >Supplies

> > >hand market

> >In the last 30 days on eBay your machine (with the CD-ROM drive) has sold
> >for $610 to $810. Units with the CD-ROM drive regularly add a value of $100
> >or more to the selling price. Your 24X SCSI drive should add upwards of
> >$200 to the selling price as it is a very attractive accessory. I wouldn't
> >be surprised to see your unit knock down $850!!
> >
> >Chester
>
> Hmm... that might be a tad high.  Try doing an advanced EBay search on
> finished auctions for "libretto 110".  You can see just what sorts of
> systems have sold for recently.
>
> Matt

I did just that. Of the 4 that sold with a CD-ROM drive (from $650 to $805) the
average sale was $715 with the one with a 24x unit selling at the highest value.
One other unit sold for $495 with no drive accessories and lacking the manual,
disks, etc. AND with questionable specs as to what it really was (they listed
specs for a L100). A last unit sold for $272 with a cracked LCD and no I/O dock,
manual, etc. None of the units had a SCSI CD-ROM drive which I would think would
add quite a bit more value than a regular drive. In the 30 days prior to this
last month units with no other accessories other than the original items a 110CT
came with sold for $610 to $650 with one unit selling at $530.......I bought
this last one and feel I got an excellent deal for a clean, low use unit with
Win2K installed. I have to stick with my original assessment........I think
Adrian will get $850 for his Libretto, we should form an office pool.......any
takers?

Chester