Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2002 10:16:12 +0000
From: "Fubar Libretto" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: my brain hurts  [LIB]

I just booted my L110 from the FDD / Win'98 recovery diskette (Shift+F5),
from cold.

I just don't get it - how can C: and D: and E: "see" the whole 8GB, 1GB, and
20GB respectively??? No Win'2K, no fancy BIOS-enhancing software, absolutely
nothing...

I've been reading all the big HDD stuff for ages, and while I'd never claim
to be an expert, I thought I understood it well enough - well, better than I
apparently do.

I absolutely want to have all possible "hardware hibernate" and associated
issues 100% covered as I'm living out of a backpack in the hot hot
South-East Asia sun with both PCcard slots toasting away, and invoking my
(very crude) backup/recovery options usually involves three days on a bus
and a couple of passport stamps...

Sorry if I'm missing something really obvious here, but if someone could set
me straight, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in anticipation - especially for your patience.