Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 08:31:17
From: "neil barnes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] L50 w/damaged sound chip or fuse on MB?

>Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 04:23:39 +0000
>From: "Matthew Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Re: [LIB] L50 w/damaged sound chip or fuse on MB?

>I take it you have your MP3s on some Linux partition... yes?  Guess I'll
>soon be asking questions and/or searching the archives to find out what
>kind
>of MP3 and other software can be run in Linux, and where to find it.

Actually, I had most of them on the fat partition, so I could play them in
either MS or linux, but I just moved them all to make room on the windows
partition for some debian iso images :)

The best bet for playing on the lib in linux is mpg123 which you can play
with a big buffer and in mono, uses hardly any processor like that.
Alsaplayer works, just, but not if anything else is playing, but it has a
nicer interface and you can do things like going backwards and varispeed.
It's marginal sometimes on the clocked 70 though, so mpg123 is the best bet.
Other players are so heavy they won't work on the 70. Both those players are
on the install list I sent you.