Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 19:12:25 +0400
From: "Gennadiy Tsygan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Drive Partitioning (Was: "Hardware" Hibernation)

I decided to put our discussion to the test. Take a look what I did and post
you comments!

1 Boot with Partition Magic and create max size (8.4GB) FAT32 partition
2 Install XP
3 Boot with Partition Magic and shrink existing partition 70 MB from its end
4 Boot XP. Use Disk Administrator to create 150 MB NTFS partition after
existing one. Assign letter "E". Creat

folder "TEMP"
5 Create NTFS partition for the rest of the drive. Assign letter "D"
6 Change user and system "TEMP" and "TMP" enviroment variables to point to
E:\temp
7 Assign swap file sized 70-120 MB to E: and remove it from C:
8 Change Temporary Internet files to E:

Test procedure
1 Normally hybernate XP.
2 Reboot with DOS floppy
3 BIOS hybernate the PC
4 Resume
5 Reboot in XP

Got BSOD STOP 0x00000077 KERNEL_STACK_IMAGE_ERROR

7 Hard reboot
8 Chose "delete restoration data" when prompted and Boot XP