Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 13:32:22 -0400
From: "Lou S" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] Cell phones and Libretto

mike hodish wrote:

>But lou, verizon does not offer many nokia models, a source of frustration
>to me, as I am on verizon, for their great coverage, but prefer nokia
>phones. Do you know something i don't know re nokia and verizon?
>
>Could I see a copy of their support letter re which phones do data and are
>compatible w/ verizon.. ie cdma and analog, tri mode? thanks.

Hi Mike, the ltr I got did not mention specifically which phones are CDMA or
TDMA. However a comparrison of all USA models can be found at:

http://www.nokiausa.com/phones/compare/compare_results/1,4530,phonecode%3A8390|SRC-C,00.html

  Just click on the Service provider you want to compare, Verizon comes up
empty it seems. I guess one could find an older phone from Nokia that did
the job but would it be tri-mode?

I was leaning towards Moneyrola myself. Motorola shows which are CDMA or
TDMA, here's their URL's:

http://commerce.motorola.com/consumer/QWhtml/phone_cdma.html
http://commerce.motorola.com/consumer/QWhtml/phone_tdma.html

This site mentions Nokia IR and "All Libretto's", haven't read it all
through as I found it a min ago.
http://www.freecomms.co.uk/Ringtones/infra-red.asp

I'll have to stop by a Verizon store and ask questions. I also emailed
Verizon in hopes that they will be able to provide more info, maybe a new
phone from Nokia is on the horizon.

>From the Audiovox site: "Several Audiovox phones are data capable and can
hook up to a computer. These models are: CDM135, CDM135XL, CDM4500, CDM9000,
CDM8000XL, CDM9100, & PCX1110XL. A data cable is needed to hook up your
phone to your computer. It connects the phone to your serial port of your PC
computer."

http://www.audiovox.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ExecMacro/catalog_wirelessTelephones_CDMA.d2w/input?cat=596

for more detail but nothing about IR found yet.

If I finally get a response from Verizon, I'll let u know.