Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 19:30:25 +0000
From: "Matthew Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] Re: Hibernate under windows 98

>Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 09:11:08 EDT
>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>For hibernation, it sounds like the settings in your Power
>Management>Advanced are already set to hibernate "When I Press the Power
>Button on my computer".  So, to hibernate in W98 press the power button and
>hold for a few seconds, as you observed.  As for Standby, press the power
>button for a few seconds to resume from hibernation.

Hey Lee,

Do you know what effect the options in the 'Power up-mode' options have:

1. 'Powerup = boot'
2. 'Powerup = hibernate' 'Standby = 30 minutes' [or 45, or 60]
3. 'Powerup = hibernate' 'Standby = no limit'

Specifically, will option #3 let Windows power management let me set the
amount of idle time until it puts the system into standy, and then keep the
system ready to come back on relatively instantly when the power buttonm is
pressed?

The way things are on my system now, BIOS is set to 'Powerup = boot', and
when Windows power management puts the system into Standby, the system sits
in Standby for 10-20 minutes, and then hibernates.  At that point it takes a
bit longer to wake up and write data back to RAM.

Matt... feeling like being caught up in an old Three Dog Night song :-(