Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 22:16:15 EDT
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [LIB] Taking the battery apart

In a message dated 4/28/02 8:06:53 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Does anyone have a good method for cracking the battery case? I
>  got mine half opened then I cracked the cover. I tried prying it open
>  with a knife blade. It's not working very well. Its very tightly glued. Is
>  there an easier way? TIA
>
>  John

If you can locate a very thin-bladed tool, like automotive feeler gauges or a
thin lab spatula, work it in vertically at the ends of the battery case to
break the seam and glue joints there.  Once you get one end to separate, you
can carefully pull each case half away from the other and split the case.
(You may need to break the joints at both ends of the case with the tool for
a clean separation.)  This sounds crude, but it has worked well and avoids
the marred seam lips that you get trying to pry the case apart.

Lee