Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 22:12:20 -0400
From: Pres Waterman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] li-ion cells

> Seller is sabahoceanic. I have dealt with them in the
> past. I bought a L100 battery from them, good so far
> with a year of usage. Rated at 2600mah

Oh, my, would I recommend them! I just wrote to them today. I told them I
bought a L100 extended battery from them in December ( no details to
remember ) and that it failed in an intermittent fashion in February, and I
asked them if I can return it for evaluation.

This is what I wrote:

> Hi. A few months back ( I think it was in December but I am looking
through
> old feedback to see if we traded feedback ) I bought a Libretto 100
extended
> replacement battery on eBay. On February 15 ( on a plane ride back from
Las
> Vegas!!! ) it developed an intermittent problem where the laptop will
> suddenly shut off just as if the battery was removed. It is not discharged
> at this point and when powered up again it works until it suddenly powers
of
> again. I do not have this problem as long as the A/C is plugged in. It
> happens when the laptop is moved but is very intermittent. I have checked
> for loose wires inside and cannot find any.
>
> Could I return the battery for evaluation?

And just now, I received this response from a Mr. Thomas Vun:

Dear Sir,

I am so sorry for the problem that the battery is giving you. I am not sure
if
this is a battery or the notebook problem. If you have a friend using the
same
notebook you may let him use your battery to see if it give the same
problem.
Anywhere please let me know your shipping address again. I will send you
another
battery to try out. This battery will be sent to you FOC.
Awaiting for your shipping address.

Did you all get that? On my word, he is sending me a free replacement ahead
of receiving the bad one. This is amazing customer service. This must be
recognized!

I will definitely tell everyone of this wonderful company any chance I get.
I also intend to buy cells from them and/or get them to help redesign some
older NiCd ( heavy ) battery packs with LiOn inserts. Wow.

I am truly amazed.

Pres Waterman, W2PW
c/o Patchogue 112 Ford//Kia 112
Long Island Ford and Kia Dealer