Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 14:26:15 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Kevin McClelland" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: overlay programs  [LIB]

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote

> Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 03:20:01 +0700
> From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: overlay programs  [LIB]
>
> >> I'm just curious - in a 20/30/40GB HDD L100/L110
scenario, if you're
> going
> >> to run Win'2K as your one and only OS - are these
overlay programs
> totally
> >> redundant? And if not, what purpose would they
serve in such a scenario?

> > They are redundant if you are ONLY going to run
Win2K.
> > If you are going to dualboot with Win95/98, you'll
need them.

> One more, again for no reason other than idle
curiosity - what are the
> typical / most likely scenarios now where Win'95
and/or Win'98 are
> preferrable to Win'2K on an L100/L110 with 64MB and a
20/30/40GB HDD?

The only reason I have Win95 on mine is to run some
older programs I still use that will not run under
Win2K, and to still use the IR port the way it was
intended to be used. I can only fully backup or sync my
PDA under Win95, as IR transfer does not work with it
under Win2K. I also have a Canon BJC-80 IR printer that
I drag around on long trips from time to time, and I
can only print to it under Win95 using IR, it will not
work under Win2K, and Canon claims it not compatible
with Win2K for IR printing only. Thos are the main
reasons. Eventually I will no longer need some of these
older programs and will do away with the Win95
partition, and go to a strict Win2K setup.

Regards,

Kevin