Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 18:25:08 -0400
From: "Pres Waterman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] Worm Klez.E immunity

> I just got the email below about a "Worm Klez.E immunity" program that
says
> Pres sent it to me from his [EMAIL PROTECTED] address.  But by looking at
> the header, I can see it originated from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> The attachment looks more like the Klez virus itself in a .scr file.
>
> I sent a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED], and received an automated
reply
> saying that they would look into the problem.
>
> The note I sent Pres bounced back from his ISP saying that his mail quota
> there had been exceeded.  Guess we know what that means.  If someone knows
> another email address for him, maybe you could forward this to him, though
> my guess is he's already aware of the problem.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] is an abandoned account. Furthermore, the way klez works
is it takes someone's address book and spoofs addresses found withIN it as
the "from" address. So it looks loke someone had my old address ( all it
takes is the default "put people I reply to in my address book" setting to
do that, and then they inadvertently passed on the klez.

The "mailbox full" is indicative of the trash box I send every mail
addressed to [EMAIL PROTECTED] to, is full itself.

So, I think I ain't "it"

Thanks

Pres Waterman, W2PW
c/o 112 Motors, LLC