Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 19:59:44 +0000
From: "Matthew Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] 100CT or 110CT

>From: David Chien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>   Both the L100 and L110 can be overclocked to 266Mhz if you so >desire.
>Instructions on my site below in the Overclocking section.

I did look at both your site and Xin's.  The only reference to clocking the
L110 I found on your page said that the process was the same as for the
L100.  I haven't found any information that would explain why the L110 can't
be clocked faster than 266MHz.

>From the looks of the specs for each you've posted on your website, the two
CPUs look pretty similar.  Both run a 66MHz bus, but the L100 has a 2.5x
multiplier, and the L110 has a 3.5x multiplier. As I recall, there's another
factor determining the CPU speed.  I forget just what that is.  But it must
be what enables the CPU to run faster.

Can I assume that that missing factor is what is limiting the L110 CPU to a
top speed of 266MHz?  Not having followed discussions on o/c the L110, I
guess I've been mistakenly thinking the 233MHz CPU could probably have been
clocked over 300MHz.

>   In general about a 90% to 266Mhz overclocking success rate on the L100
>model (L110 is the same, but far fewer people have bothered).  That's over
>30 people that have told me about their successes.

So does the L110 have any advantages over an overclocked L100?  Does the
L110 run significantly cooler at 233 than the L100?  Are there any other
features on the L100 that would justify either playing a bit more for it, or
waiting for it's price to drop a bit more?

Matt