Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 07:34:33 -0500
From: John Musielewicz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Battery pack rebuilt with LG Chem 2000 mAH cells

All this talk about batteries reminded me I hadn't tested the pack I
rebuilt yet with LG Chem 2000 mAH cells. The cells were too big to fit
with the cover on so I left it off and the pack slipped right into the
computer. The computer booted ok with the pack and when I removed it
the old pack worked just fine- charges and everything. The battery
gauge showed the new pack at 1% charge which woulld be normal for
rechargeables.

I next took the pack outside and plugged it into the external charger
and let it rip. The green light showed charging and the pack didn'[t
explode from the charging current.

I was only able to charge for about 10 minutes since my roommates were
using the extension cord so wasn't able to do a full charge however I
suspect it will work just fine. Once I do a complete charge I'll
repost.

John