Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 04:41:24 +0000
From: "Matthew Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] Huge HOSTS file blocks Proxomitron!!

>From: David Chien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>http://remember.mine.nu/
>
>Nothing like having a BIG hosts file to block out ad images and websites in
>addition to the various ad blockers and so forth discussed in an earlier
>thread.
>
>This baby really works well, but you may find it to block way too many
>sites for comfort if  you're used to seeing lots of ads.

Heh... it's pretty ruthless.  It even filters out the Proxomitron website at
home.arcor.de!

I went over there to try finding out how to set Proxomitron so that "Bypass"
on the right-click menu for its system tray icon is >not< checked by
default.  Every time I start it, I have to uncheck that option to get it to
do its thing.  It's probably in the settings somewhere, but I haven't been
able to find it.  Maybe Gennadiy or someone can help on this, otherwise I'll
try writing them.

Matt