Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 08:22:12 +0200
From: Christian Gennerat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] Problems installing W98 on 100CT

Matthew Hanson wrote:

Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 05:54:42 +0000
From: "Matthew Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Problems installing W98 on 100CT

I was having problems with Win98 (not SE) freezing every time it checked for P&P components, rebooted, and started to set them up. And I was having a heck of a time getting the >right< sound drivers working. I had to reboot to finish installation
Maybe not a freeze, but a wait for 'floppy ready'
So, the first driver you have to install is the floppy driver

Finally I realized I forgot to take the advice of a guy on the Compuserve support list... before anything, install the latest version of BIOS!

After setting up v8.1, W98 went right in. May have to do with something SE had overcome, as it installed with no problems. Problems after that were bacause Toshiba pointed me to the wrong sound drivers.
No change. you can install W98, even with an old BIOS (with a <8Gb disk)