Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 10:02:33 +0800 (CST)
From: =?big5?q?tradelink=20tradelink?= <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Install RH 7.2 on Libretto 50ct

Someone may ask similar questions before. However,
even I have tried to search through the whole mailing
list on this, I still can't solve my problem....

Here is my story :-

1) Config.
Libretto 50ct
32MB ram
6.4GB IBM harddisk
PCMCIA floppy
Panasonic PCMCIA CDROM
EagleTec PCMCIA 10/100Mb ethernet card

2) OS and partition info.
Partition 1 - 1.5Gb FAT32 with WIN95 installed
Partition 2 - 1.5Gb FAT16 with RH 7.2 files (2CD)
Partition 3 - 3Gb not used yet

3) Aim
To install RH 7.2 to Partition 3 and config WIN95 /
RH7.2 dual boot system.

My fail experience...... :<

1) Boot up Libretto with DOS and PCMCIA cdrom support,
run autoboot.bat from cdrom.
RESULT : RH 7.2 can't recognize my CDROM and ask me
for the driver (I have no linux driver for CDDROM)

2) Copy all RH 7.2 files to partition 2 (FAT16) by
WIN95 and boot up with DOS.  Run autoboot.bat from
partition2.
RESULT : I can select installation from HD and either
/dev/hda1 /dev/hda5 can be chosen as RH image drive,
but RH can't find my RH files no matter what directory
I input!!!  Actually, I copy the complete directory
structure from RH CDs to root of partition 2, that's
mean dir RedHat is located at the root of partition 2,
so nothing I need to input at directory field, Right?

3) Mount RH CDs to my desktop RH 6.2 and setup it
accessible from FTP.  Then, run autoboot.bat again and
select FTP installation with my PCMCIA ethernet card
plug in Libretto.
RESULT : Able to connect to FTP and download some
files, but the installation process stop after a while
due to some what "file extraction error!!"

WWWWOOOOOOO!!!! I tried these all out last night and
able to get 2 hrs sleep only!!!

Please help!!!

Alan from Hong Kong