Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 11:50:10 +0000 (GMT/BST)
From: Digby Tarvin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] LAN cards

Hi Neil,

Great! - thanks for your suggestions. The wireless card options
would have been my next question, so thanks for that as well.

I think I will probably need to carry around a 10/100 card
when travelling in order to make use of broadband equipped hotel
rooms and office environments that don't have wireless infrastructure,
but wireless at home would be great.

I should have mentioned - I have two 100's (bought a second hand spare
just recently) and a 110 waiting for me when I next visit the US (one of
those ebay auctions that woudnt ship International, so a friend is
holding it for me) so my old card won't go unused either.

I havn't really looked at the wireless technology much yet. Are there
competing technologies out there, or are they all inter-operable?

Regards,
DigbyT

--
Digby R. S. Tarvin                                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.cthulhu.dircon.co.uk