Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 21:10:49 +0000
From: "Matthew Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] Re: Toshiba MK4018GAS 40GB HDD

From: Sherrill Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Oh.. The overclocking of the L100 to 266MHz went like a charm. The system is so responsive at this point that I could actually be tempted back to W98, or maybe go with W2k if I find WXP a bit too sluggish.

I've been using that HD with a 266 OC'd 100CT. WinXP. No problems.

Hi Sherrill,

Thanks for the input. It does look like a great HDD from the specs. My 100 ran like a charm for 3-4 hours after clocking it up last night. But when I pushed the CPU to rip a CD with EAC, Exact Audio Copy, it went into thermal overload, and hibernated in about 5 minutes.

It was only about 75-78 degrees F. too. I'm now wondering if even clocking at to 233 will fix this. Plus I don't even know if I'm capable of the 233 o/c process. It seems like a component has to be remove from the middle pair of solder points.

Matt