Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 17:48:22 +0000
From: barnacle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Fwd: pls forward to lib list

Neal, I still can't post anything to the lib list...would you please put
this on for me? Thanks, Mike Hodish

Subject: XP on ff1100

I have been running Win98 SE in Japanese on my ff1100 w 96 mb ram. Tried to
install XP yesterday. First tried from cd... using my pc card cd prohibited
me form having a nic card in, so no internet at that time, so I told install
it could not go ahead and download updated install files.Got an error: An
unexpected error (is there any other kind), line 5118 in
d:\xpclient\base\boot\setup\setup.c

Cannot continue. Status codes 0x4,0,0,0.

I don't get the reference to drive d, at all. the stuff is on c, and not in
that directory.

Then, copied all of cd to desktop, tried same install, got same error. Then,
tried letting it download net updated install, got same error.

Oh, and it also warns me that because xp is in a different language that the
original os, i  can't install it as an upgrade. So now, I have a dual boot
system, and if I select xp, it goes back into the install routine, which
always fails the same way.

Several questions:
a. What might this mean, and how do I get around it?
b. If I can't get around it, how do I uninstall what has happenned so far so
I don't have this dual boot thing
c. How exactly is partition magic used?  Nothing really vital on this box,
but a nice setup, so b4 going further, would like to create another
partition, undo this dual boot mess, ghost what I have to partition 2, and
then try the install again.

Is it likely a source of the problem that the install files are currently on
c, which is also the installation target?

Thanks, Mike Hodish