Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 20:59:52 -0400
From: "Michael Hodish" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: ff1100 japanese keyboard

I have posted this before, but still have no solution. I have installed xp
pro on my ff 1100, but I don't know how to get the keyboard mapping to work
for the japanese keyboard. I have told it to accept japanese language input,
but that has not caused the japanese keyboard layout to appear as a choice
in the control panel.

FWIW, I was working on an XP machine in japan recently, and copied every
file that conformed to jkey*.*. I am considering backing up the windows
system files, and replacing keyb*.* with these, to see if that changes
anything.

I remember for win 9x there were key remapping utilities, but the only ones
I see for xp remap simply I think the function or control keys...I haven't
seen one that let's you do ALL the keys, which would be useful.

Any helpful ideas appreciated.

Thanks, Mike Hodish