Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 22:56:21 +0200
From: Mikkel Breiler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] Re: Netgear wireless card problems on 50CT

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 13:53:14 -0700, "." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>It's really annoying. I had all kinds of wireless plans for the Libretto, it
>being so small and lovely...

I had similar problem using an old IBM wireless card (about 115.000bps) on my 50ct,
it would work then freeze. I believe I gopt it to work permanently by messing around
with the IRQ, base adresse and DMA of the card and internals. Try shutting off the
soundcard and the printer, possibly the comport too. See if that works, if not see if
the webgear driver diskette has a util to set the card to something not occupied,

Use system properties / the linux list of recognized units to ascertain which
resources have not been allocated already, and see if you are allowed to use a
combination of the free resources with the webgear card.

It is a long time since I dealt with this issue, I do not have my 50ct on for about a
year or two, and I connected the IBM card 3-4 years ago. So I am stretching my memory
a lot here.

I used mine to browse the web from my bathroom..... it talked to another ibm card in
a SCM ISA port on a regular pc, which was running Windows 95 and WinProxy at the
time. Not a pretty solution but it worked.
Since 2001 I use a Linux firewall on a seperate PC so I am not using the wireless
cards at all anymore. The cards won't work with Windows 98, so the Libretto became
somewhat obsolete when I had to upgrade.....

-breiler