Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 21:15:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: David Chien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Web browsers : current recommendations

   On my L110 w/ 64MB ram and upgraded 20GB HD, I've found that for stability
and security against the recent IE/Outlook attacks, Mozilla 1.4 (mozilla.org)
is sufficiently fast and useable across websites to be a good, replacement for
IE & Outlook.

   For those times when you want faster web browsing over a modem line, I would
suggest also installing Opera with graphics turned off (G key), and preferably
also Javascript, plugins, popup windows etc.   Opera tends to be the quickest
I've found for browsing the text information on websites.

   Mozilla alone has been sufficient to replace IE for all purposes at work and
home computers except for Windows Updates (which can be done manually with
network admin downloads of the patches).  Thankfully, this means 0 -zero-
vunerabilities opening up emails, browsing websites, etc. due to the completely
different design of Mozilla (or opera) vs. IE.

=====
adorable toshiba libretto
The latest news and information for the Toshiba Libretto owner.
http://www.silverace.com/libretto/