Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 20:49:00 -0800 (PST)
From: David Chien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] Cooling and Overclocking

166/133Mhz is the first I'd try nowadays; 100Mhz only if you don't want to
solider and simply cut one pin off the IC I note on my website's overclocking
section.  You'll know right away if the Lib will run overclocked (and since you
are trying to go faster, might as well see if fastest will work like Xin's L50
did - see his website at fixup.net).

Anyways, the key here is to leave things so you can reverse the process in case
the CPU just can't handle the faster speed.  Sometimes, you just get a CPU that
doesn't make it.

The next most important thing is to make sure you've got the CPU heatsink on
right and have a super-thin layer of thermal grease in between.  There's a
handful of overclockers who reported to me that just reinstalling the heatsink
properly with some thermal compound fixed their entire overheating/crashing
problem after overclocking.

Besides that?  Good luck!

At least on the L110, about 90% of the attempts to go to 266Mhz were successful
out of the 40+ reports I've received from people who have tried.

---

On my L50/J, it went right to 100Mhz w/o a problem.  I wasn't into doing
surface mount solidering, so I figured the nail clipper thing was the easiest
to do on my $2k baby.  (yep, imported that pricey babe just when it was
released years ago)  See archives for my nail clipper notes on the L50/J or my
overclocking article on my site to see which pin to cut.

Finally, get the L50 out on a nice big table, covered with white paper so you
can find screws that jump away.  Take you're time, and it should take about 30
minutes or so to disassemble it to where you can get to the components -
assuming you've never done it and are taking a long gander at everything on the
way in.

Take pictures to make sure you know how to put it back together again.

Have fun!

=)

=====
adorable toshiba libretto
The latest news and information for the Toshiba Libretto owner.
http://www.silverace.com/libretto/